Surfshark VPN is a widely known and extremely regarded service. For those that have puzzled what precisely it’s that units this supplier aside from the plethora of different choices on the market, we’ve put collectively this information to fill you in with every thing it’s essential know.
Down beneath, you’ll discover ten of essentially the most ceaselessly requested questions on Surfshark with clear, straight-to-the-point solutions to all of them. VPN companies can appear daunting and complicated at first, however this could assist to shine a light-weight onto every thing that makes Surfshark VPN distinctive.
From an outline of the VPN prices, by means of to comparisons towards NordVPN, that is your one-stop-shop for this VPN supplier.
Surfshark VPN FAQs:
Is Surfshark VPN trusted?
Yes, Surfshark is a trusted and dependable VPN. With a no-logs coverage in place, you can relaxation assured that it isn’t protecting any tabs in your actions, or promoting your information. It stays a well-liked selection amongst web customers because of being probably the greatest VPN companies at the moment accessible.
Where is Surfshark VPN primarily based?
Surfshark’s headquarters are positioned in The Netherlands. The particular deal with is Kabelweg 57, 1014BA Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Is Surfshark VPN higher than NordVPN?
Surfshark is definitely a subsidiary of Nord, however the two supply distinct companies which have distinctive strengths and weaknesses in comparison towards each other. Here are some key factors of comparability:
- NordVPN has 5,308 servers, whereas Surfshark has round 3,200.
- NordVPN’s servers span 60 international locations, whereas Surfshark’s span 65 international locations.
- NordVPN means that you can have as much as six simultaneous connections, whereas Surfshark permits a vast variety of connections.
- Surfshark gives a 7-day VPN free trial, whereas NordVPN has no free trial.
- Surfshark’s most cost-effective value plan works out as $2.30 USD / £1.99 GBP per thirty days, whereas NordVPN’s most cost-effective value plan works out as $3.69 USD / £2.89 GBP per thirty days.
- Both suppliers use the WireGuard, OpenVPN, and IKEv2/IPsec protocols.
- Both suppliers have a 30-day money-back assure.
Opinions on which is ‘better’ will range relying in your wants. If you need the supplier with essentially the most VPN servers, then NordVPN is the way in which to go, however if you happen to want an affordable VPN, then Surfshark will probably be higher for you.
Is Surfshark VPN free to make use of?
Yes – however just for seven days as a free trial. Once this era is over, you’ll have to select one of many following cost plans with the intention to hold utilizing its companies.
- One month of Surfshark VPN, it is going to value $12.95 USD / £10.69 GBP.
- One yr of Surfshark VPN, it is going to value $59.76 USD / £52.76 GBP, or $3.99 USD / £3.29 GBP per thirty days.
- Two years of Surfshark VPN, it is going to value $59.76 USD / £50.16 GBP, or $2.49 USD/£2.09 GBP per thirty days (though, that is just for the primary yr, afterwards, you may be billed yearly)
Is Surfshark VPN unlawful?
The reply to this query will range relying on the place on the planet you reside. In the US or the UK, it’s fully authorized to make use of Surfshark or some other VPN (regardless of frequent misconceptions). However, if you happen to’re studying this from one other area, will probably be price checking your native legal guidelines.
Does Surfshark VPN work with Netflix?
Yes, it does. It’s a superb VPN for streaming. If you’re utilizing it and discover you can’t entry Netflix, the possibilities are that the actual server you are attempting to attach by means of has been blocked by Netflix. In cases like this, you’ll simply want to modify over to a different server till you discover one which hasn’t been blocked (which shouldn’t take lengthy).
Can web sites inform if you’re utilizing Surfshark VPN?
Yes, they will. However, this received’t be the case for each web site. While a few of them may have recognized VPN IP addresses and blocked them as a result of they don’t need you to entry their websites with a VPN on (for no matter motive), lots of them is not going to. Indeed, even if you happen to discover a web site that does know what you’re doing, switching servers ought to often be sufficient to get in and conceal the actual fact.
How many gadgets can you employ with Surfshark VPN?
You can use a vast variety of gadgets with Surfshark. There aren’t many VPN suppliers who help you do that, so it’s undoubtedly one of many service’s greatest strengths.
When was Surfshark VPN launched?
Surfshark first entered the VPN enviornment when it was launched again in 2018.
What is Surfshark VPN kill change?
Surfshark makes use of a kill change which severs your web connection within the occasion that the VPN drops even for a second. What this implies is that you just don’t want to fret about any of your non-public information slipping out into the fingers of your web companies supplier throughout a momentary VPN blip.
If you wish to study extra about some other VPN suppliers, we even have related guides on ExpressVPN and PureVPN which must be a helpful level of reference.