Guerilla Games has launched a brand new replace for Horizon Forbidden West, Patch 1.13, that tackles a number of foremost and aspect quest development blocks, in addition to persistent points associated to an odd visible shimmering impact in-game, and extra.
Live at present, Patch 1.13 brings with it a ton of fixes not simply to quests, however to basic issues like the sport’s UI and a few of Aloy’s animations, in addition to enhancements to the sport’s efficiency and stability. Perhaps the largest situation is the aforementioned visible shimmering, which has been a participant criticism since launch.
For the uninitiated, the shimmering is an nearly glitter-like impact that seems on the edging of objects, robots, and extra in Horizon Forbidden West. It makes issues in-game look shinier than meant and in most patches for the reason that recreation’s launch, Guerrilla Games has addressed it. Considering it’s nonetheless listed underneath Patch 1.13’s “known issues,” it feels like the issue persists at present.
“We are currently looking into several issues reported by the community,” the patch notes learn. “Please note that these issues are not yet fixed in this patch, but our teams are aware of them and they’re being investigated.”
Here are these identified points:
- The workforce continues to make tweaks to the sport’s content material with the aim to cut back visible shimmering.
- Players have reported a difficulty in Handa’s Contract “Ancient Relics”, the place the mission development can be caught on “2/3 Gather Ancient Relics”, or “Go to the Northern Ancient Machine Site” if the participant leaves the realm.
- Outfits might seem like coated by darkish shadows in stock.
Below, we’ll publish the remainder of the patch notes however when you haven’t but accomplished the principle story of Horizon Forbidden West, be cautious as there are some campaign-related spoilers inside:
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed a difficulty with Main Quest “Reach for the Stars” the place development didn’t replace after restarting the “Clear the rubble with the pullcaster” goal.
- Fixed a difficulty with Main Quest “To the Brink” the place Belna would generally not spawn after goal “Clear the Daunt: Kill the Machines”.
- Fixed a difficulty with Main Quest “Death’s Door” the place development is blocked after utilizing a “Leaplasher Spark Coil” in an improve earlier than the “Gather Resources for the Igniter” goal is lively.
- Fixed a number of points with Main Quest “Singularity” the place sudden character habits may result in development blockers.
- Fixed a difficulty with Side Quest “The Bristlebacks” the place development didn’t replace after analyzing the Bristleback carcass previous to speaking to the Carja Magistrate.
- Fixed a difficulty with Side Quest “The Bristlebacks” the place development could be blocked because of goal “Kill the Bristlebacks” not updating within the mine.
- Fixed a difficulty with Side Quest “Drowned Hopes” the place the development is blocked if utilizing an alternate path to get to the pryable rocks.
- Fixed a difficulty with Side Quest “Lofty Ambitions” the place the Stormbird may get caught within the terrain, blocking development.
- Fixed a difficulty with Side Quest “Lofty Ambitions” the place the service provider Abadund is not going to have his immediate after quest completion.
- Fixed a difficulty with Side Quest “Signal Spike” the place development didn’t replace because of interacting with NPCs in Side Quest “The Wound in the Sand”.
- Fixed a difficulty with Side Quest “Signal Spike” the place Aloy can get caught underwater throughout the “Go to the Source of the Signal” goal.
- Fixed a difficulty with Side Quest “A Soldier’s March” the place goal “Scan for Penttoh’s Tracks” is not going to set off if gamers arrive on a Sunwing close by marker for goal “Climb the Mountain”.
- Fixed a difficulty with Side Quest “A Soldier’s March” the place goal “Kill the Frostclaw” wouldn’t replace and block development.
- Fixed a number of points with Side Quest “The Blood Choke” the place Atekka would get caught or disappear.
- Fixed a number of points with Side Quest “In the Fog” the place development didn’t replace after killing the Clawstrider.
- Fixed a difficulty with Side Quest “In the Fog” the place development didn’t replace after following Garokkah to the Memorial with alerted machines.
- Fixed a difficulty with Side Quest “Forbidden Legacy” the place development didn’t replace because of Alva being unresponsive on the ”Follow Alva to the Atbay Headquarters” goal.
- Fixed a difficulty with Side Quest “Forbidden Legacy” the place a spot between two buildings was blocking development.
- Fixed a difficulty in Cauldron IOTA the place the target “Override the Tallneck” wouldn’t replace on completion.
- Fixed a difficulty in Cauldron CHI the place overridden machines would act hostile in direction of Aloy.
- Fixed a difficulty in Contracts “Property Retrieval” the place development was blocked upon reloading the exercise with all Relics discovered.
- Fixed a difficulty in Contracts “Alarm Antennas” the place the target wouldn’t replace if Aloy has three Antennas earlier than finishing the “Gather Scrounger Alarm Antennas” goal.
- Fixed a difficulty in Contracts “Rollerback Salvage” the place a further Shellsnapper may spawn.
- Fixed a difficulty in Rebel Camp “Breached Rock” the place development is blocked when killing Rebel chief earlier than goal “Enter the Bunker” is full.
- Fixed a difficulty in Melee Pits the place NPCs would put on the unsuitable armor.
- Fixed a difficulty the place Aloy may get caught close to the doorway of Arrowhand.
- Fixed a difficulty in Black Box: Isle of Spires the place the sign will stay lively after choosing up the field.
- Fixed a difficulty in Signal Tower the place some gamers had a difficulty choosing up Signal Lens.
- Fixed a difficulty the place loading a save with beforehand tracked objects as jobs may result in a crash.
- Fixed a difficulty the place the Tideripper may get its Water Hose Sweep assault interrupted.
- Fixed a difficulty the place machines wouldn’t react to a useless ally.
- Added Apex Grimhorn spawn factors exterior of missions.
- Fixed icons for a number of Coils and Weaves.
- Fixed extra Metal Flowers icons remaining on the map.
- Fixed Silent Strikes being counted twice within the Combat Statistics menu.
- Fixed a number of seams on the World Map.
Performance and Stability
- Multiple streaming fixes in recreation and in cinematic.
- Multiple crash fixes.
- Fixed a difficulty the place Aloy’s shadow could be dimmed when melee attacking or utilizing her Focus.
- Fixed a difficulty the place “Fiberzest” and “Vigorstem” cannot be obtained after the pouch is full.
- Fixed a number of places the place “Install Vine Cutter Module” Icons weren’t showing.
- Multiple audio fixes and enhancements.
- Multiple fixes to Aloy’s animations.
- Multiple localization and subtitles fixes and enhancements.
- Multiple fixes to controls
- Multiple fixes and enhancements to physique and facial animations in cinematics.
While ready for this patch to obtain, learn Game Informer’s Horizon Forbidden West assessment after which examine why Aloy is considered one of our favourite heroes of this technology after that.