The Lunar Festival is a time of celebration for the peoples of Azeroth. At the start of every yr, elders of generations previous manifest around the globe to impart their knowledge upon all who pay attention. Should you encounter these venerable spirits in your travels and take the time to heed their phrases, they could even go alongside tokens of their gratitude—Coins of Ancestry, the teachings of a previous age in bodily type. Gather sufficient Coins of Ancestry and the Cenarion Circle will open their shops of celebratory garb, fireworks, trinkets, and recipes!
The Cenarion Circle has good trigger to have fun, for the Lunar Festival marks the return of many Ancients that fell in battles previous: Goldrinn, Malorne, Aviana, and Cenarius himself. But this celebration is darkened by the everlasting torment of one among their very own—Omen, a wolf Ancient blessed by the moon goddess Elune, has risen from the depths of Moonglade’s lake. Though Omen was as soon as as noble and proud as any Ancient, he was pushed mad by the Burning Legion’s tainted magics throughout the War of the Ancients. Omen’s immortality means that he’s endlessly cursed to return in his maddened state on the creation of every new yr—and this yr, he has grown additional in energy. Heroes stage 20 and above should make haste to ease this tormented Ancient’s struggling, within the hopes that maybe subsequent yr he’ll return with a clearer thoughts.
Seasonal Boss: Omen Returns!
The nice wolf Omen was as soon as a hero of this world. An embodiment of energy and fortune, Omen fought beside the heroes of the War of the Ancients till he succumbed to demonic magics. Turning in opposition to his allies, he raged throughout Azeroth, leaving loss of life and terror in his wake. Omen was lastly defeated in Moonglade, and he now sleeps among the many silt of Lake Elune’ara. But every year, initially of the competition, he stirs…
Main Quest Line
The celebration begins with an introductory quest, The Lunar Festival. The Cenarion Circle has invited all denizens of Azeroth to participate within the celebration of the Lunar Festival. You can study extra in regards to the occasion by assembly with the Lunar Festival Harbinger.
It wouldn’t be a celebration with out fireworks. You’ll be requested to purchase some Lunar Fireworks and Cluster Fireworks to launch and full the hunt Lunar Fireworks.
Once you’ve confirmed your pyrotechnic prowess, you’ll obtain your Lunar Festival Invitation to journey to Moonglade and converse with Valadar Starsong in Nighthaven. With your invitation in hand, you’ll be capable of journey rapidly to Moonglade by standing inside Greater Moonlight all through the vacation.
The Lunar Festival options 16 achievements and one meta-achievement.
- Elune’s Blessing: Complete the Elune’s Blessing quest by defeating Omen.
- Frenzied Firecracker: Shoot off 10 Festival Firecrackers in 30 seconds or much less.
- Lunar Festival Finery: Purchase a festive pant swimsuit or festive costume with Coins of Ancestry.
- The Rocket’s Red Glare: Shoot off 10 Red Rocket Clusters in 25 seconds or much less.
- A Coin of Ancestry
- There are 5 achievements involving Coins of Ancestry: Receive a Coin of Ancestry, Receive 5 Coins of Ancestry, Receive 10 Coins of Ancestry, Receive 25 Coins of Ancestry, and Receive 50 Coins of Ancestry.
It’s time to journey Azeroth, see the sights, and pay your respects to the assorted Elders. Visiting an Elder will reward fame with choose capital cities, a Coin of Ancestry, some expertise and gold, and a Lucky Red Envelope.
- Elders of Eastern Kingdoms (17): Honor the Elders situated in Eastern Kingdoms.
- Elder Goldwell in Kharanos, Elder Bellowrage in Blasted Lands, Elder Stormbrow in Goldshire, Elder Meadowrun in Western Plaguelands, Elder Starglade in Zul’Gurub, Elder Winterhoof in Booty Bay, Elder Silvervein in Thelsamar, Elder Skychaser in Sentinel Hill, Elder Rumblerock in Burning Steppes, Elder Dawnstrider in Flame Crest, Elder Highpeak within the Hinterlands, Elder Ironband in Searing Gorge, Elder Graveborn in Brill, Elder Obsidian within the Sepulcher, Elder Windrun in Eastern Plaguelands, Elder Snowcrown in Light’s Hope Chapel, Elder Moonstrike in Scholomance
- Elders of Kalimdor (21): Honor the Elders situated in Kalimdor.
- Elder Runetotem in Razor Hill, Elder Skygleam in Azshara, Elder Moonwarden within the Crossroads, Elder High Mountain in Vendetta Point, Elder Windtotem in Ratchet, Elder Bladeleaf in Dolanaar, Elder Starweave in Lor’danel, Elder Bloodhoof in Bloodhoof Village, Elder Riversong in Astranaar, Elder Grimtotem in Feralas, Elder Mistwalker in Dire Maul, Elder Nightwind in Felwood, Elder Skyseer in Freewind Post, Elder Morningdew in Fizzle and Pozzik’s Speedbarge, Elder Ragetotem in Tanaris, Elder Dreamseer in Gadgetzan, Elder Thunderhorn in Un’Goro, Elder Brightspear in Winterspring, Elder Stonespire in Everlook, Elder Primestone in Silithus, Elder Bladesing in Cenarion Hold
- Elders of Northrend (18): Honor the Elders situated in Northrend.
- Elder Sardis in Valiance Keep, Elder Beldak in Westfall Brigade, Elder Morthie in Star’s Rest, Elder Fargal in Frosthold, Elder Arp in D.E.H.T.A., Elder Northal in Transitus Shield, Elder Sandrene in Lakeside Landing, Elder Wanikaya in Rainspeaker Rapids, Elder Lunaro in Ruins of Tethys, Elder Bluewolf in Wintergrasp, Elder Tauros in Zim’Torga, Elder Thoim in Moa’ki Harbor, Elder Graymane in K3, Elder Stonebeard in Bouldercrag’s Refuge, Elder Pamuya in Warsong Hold, Elder Whurain in Camp Oneqwah, Elder Skywarden in Agmar’s Hammer, Elder Muraco in Camp Tunka’lo
- Elders of the Alliance (3): Honor the Elders situated within the Alliance capital cities.
- Elder Bladeswift in Darnassus, Elder Bronzebeard in Ironforge, Elder Hammershout in Stormwind
- Elders of the Horde (3): Honor the Elders that are situated within the Horde capital cities.
- Elder Darkhorn in Orgrimmar, Elder Wheathoof in Thunder Bluff, Elder Darkcore within the Undercity
- Elders of the Dungeons: Honor the Elders that are situated contained in the dungeons.
- Elder Wildmane in Zul’Farrak, Elder Starsong in Sunken Temple, Elder Splitrock in Maraudon, Elder Stonefort in Blackrock Spire, Elder Morndeep in Blackrock Depths, Elder Farwhisper in Stratholme, Elder Jarten in Utgarde Keep, Elder Igasho within the Nexus, Elder Nurgen in Azjol-Nerub, Elder Kilias in Drak’Tharon Keep, Elder Ohanzee in Gundrak, Elder Yurauk within the Halls of Stone, Elder Chogan’gada in Utgarde Pinnacle
- Elders of the Cataclysm (9): Honor the Elders that are situated in zones opened by the cataclysm.
- Elder Stonebrand within the Temple of Earth, Elder Menkhaf in Uldum, Elder Sekhemi in Uldum, Elder Firebeard in Twighlight Highlands, Elder Darkfeather in Twilight Highlands, Elder Windsong in Hyjal, Elder Evershade in Nodrassil, Elder Moonlance in Vashj’ir, Elder Deepforge in Deepholm
- Elders of the Dragon Isles (8): Honor the Elders that are situated within the Dragon Isles.
- Elder Shomkol and the Aylaag Elder within the Waking Shores, Shikaar and Ohn’ir Elders within the Ohn’ahran Plains, Elders Nemaglek and Dekidig in Azure Span, Elders Sik’ek and Razlok in Thaldraszus
- There are three Dragon Costume colours.
- Green Variation: Green Dragon Head Costume, Green Dragon Body Costume, Green Dragon Tail Costume
- Blue Variation: Blue Dragon Head Costume, Blue Dragon Body Costume, Blue Dragon Tail Costume
- Red Variation: Red Dragon Head Costume, Red Dragon Body Costume, Red Dragon Tail Costume
- Lunar Elder’s Hearthstone: “Return home the wisest way possible!”
- Elune’s Lantern
- Everlasting Alliance Firework
- Everlasting Horde Firework
Pets and Pet Toys
- Pets: Lunar Lantern, Festival Lantern
- Pet Toy: Perky Blaster
Accessories, Heirlooms Items, Schematic, Patterns
- Heirloom Items: Ancient Heirloom Armor Casing, Timeworn Heirloom Armor Casing
- Schematic: Alliance Firework, Schematic: Horde Firework, Schematic: Snake Firework
- Pattern: Festival Dress, Festival Suit
- Holiday Apparel: Festive Green Dress, Festive Pink Dress, Festive Purple Dress, Festive Black Pant Suit, Festive Blue Pant Suit, Festive Teal Pant Suit, Crown of Prosperity*, Crown of Courage*, Crown of Good Fortune*, and Crown of Dark Blossoms*.
*Speak with Myrael Lunarbloom in Moonglade to take the hunt Lunar Preservation. You’ll be tasked with visiting numerous moonwells round Azeroth to cost her workers. Upon completion of the hunt, you may earn 25 Coins of Ancestry which you should utilize to buy one among 4 floral crowns (solely wearable throughout Lunar Festival) from Valadar Starsong. Once you have bought a crown, a brand new quest will turn out to be obtainable permitting you to earn a brand new model of the crown. This new crown is then added to your transmog appearances as soon as the hunt is full permitting you to put on this crown year-round. Once all the crowns are bought, the related quests turn out to be obtainable to all characters in your account.
A WoW Classic model of the Lunar Festival can also be obtainable for these searching for to honor their Elders all through Azeroth. Look for the Lunar Festival Emissary in any capital metropolis to kick off the celebration.
When: January 20 – February 10
Where: Any capital metropolis.
Fashionable Lunar Festival Emissaries are keen to assist direct you to Lunar Festival Harbingers present in every capital metropolis. Complete the Lunar Festival World Quests to earn the “To Honor One’s Elders” meta-achievement as a part of the “What A Long, Strange Trip It’s Been” achievement.