The Leviathan has returned. For some of you, this can be your introduction to the iconic planet-devouring private pleasure craft of the exiled Cabal emperor, Calus. For the relaxation of you who’ve been aboard earlier than, we hope you will have fond recollections of its gleaming gold-plated halls, as a result of this ship has come again… mistaken. Very mistaken.
Season of the Haunted kicks off with the Derelict Leviathan coming into our photo voltaic system and heading straight for Earth’s moon. As it grows close to, the dormant Pyramid ship on the Moon’s floor begins to react to its presence.
Getting fearful? We hope so, as a result of that is the place you are available, Guardian.
Find out why the Leviathan is again and what Calus desires with the Pyramid ship, all whereas going through off in opposition to Nightmares from our previous. We extremely advise staying near your fireteam, not getting misplaced in the ship’s Underbelly, and specializing in optimistic ideas about god-rolls and gleaming Opulent Chests.
While this could be one of the spookier Seasons in Destiny 2’s historical past, Guardians have confronted off in opposition to literal gods earlier than, so this shouldn’t be something you’ll be able to’t deal with.
Everyone is invited to discover the Derelict Leviathan, which incorporates a number of areas stuffed with Loyalist Cabal, Scorn, Nightmares, loot and collectibles. Additionally, there are two new actions in Season of the Haunted—additionally aboard the Leviathan. One is known as Nightmare Containment and could be performed at no cost all Season lengthy, and one other named Sever which is unlocked (with a bunch of different cool stuff) by selecting up the Season Pass. Regardless of which exercise you play, look forward to finding your self severing Nightmares and looting new Seasonal rewards.
In a departure from earlier Seasonal actions, Nightmare Containment is a very free public occasion that everybody can play. It’s additionally particular in that it scales based mostly on the quantity of individuals who take part. Players will be capable of provoke a brand new occasion inside the public house or be a part of a Nightmare Containment in the event that they see one already in progress. Since it scales in issue, the enemies and summoned Nightmare bosses ought to all the time really feel appropriately difficult.
Sever is what we’re calling the weekly mission in Season of the Haunted. This is the place gamers will uncover increasingly about Calus’s plan as the Season unfolds. The exercise additionally takes place aboard the Leviathan, however inside a darkish labyrinth referred to as the Underbelly. Anyone aware of this space of the ship will seemingly keep in mind the navigation expertise it demanded, now think about that there’s additionally one thing in the darkish with you.
The exercise isn’t matchmade, however we don’t blame anybody who would somewhat deliver a buddy… or two.
Now, regardless of the Leviathan dropping some of its luster, the rewards in Season of the Haunted are simply as fancy as you’d anticipate. Possibly even fancier!
- New Exotic – Destiny 1’s Exotic Sidearm, Trespasser, identified for its capability to fireplace Unrepentant rounds has been upgraded for Destiny 2 and has a brand new catalyst to connect. As with earlier Seasonal Exotics, you’ll be able to purchase this by enjoying or decide up the Season Pass and be one of the first individuals to introduce the Derelict Leviathan to the idea of lightning.
- Opulent weapons – Some of the most coveted weapons from Calus’s assortment return and could be present in the Opulent Chests aboard the Leviathan. When in Rome.
- New Seasonal weapons and armor – New Nightmare-themed weapons and Seasonal armor units for Guardians courageous sufficient to go exploring on a mysterious planet-devouring vessel.
- New common ornaments – If you need to put on one thing which may scare your fireteam greater than the enemies you’re preventing, it’s this. This is the way you change into a reaper of Nightmares.
Solar is the newest subclass to be utterly redesigned to make use of the ultra-customizable Aspects and Fragments system. This is the system that was first launched with Stasis in Beyond Light and was added to Void final Season. It’s excellent timing as nicely, since my guess is that setting Nightmares on fireplace may truly be the finest solution to deal with the state of affairs.
This is a free improve to all gamers, and every class carries its personal particular fantasy with a bunch of buildcrafting choices ready for you whenever you log in. I’m a Hunter for all times personally, however I’d be mendacity if I mentioned that Solar Warlock didn’t sound actually cool. Which of these sparks your curiosity?
- Titan: Siege engines powered by the fury of timeless suns. To confront them is to cede floor and ignite the maelstrom that ends all issues.
- Hunter: Radiant duelists who dwell inside blinding shows of dexterity and ability. Beware the reality of their goal and the molten edge of their blade.
- Warlock: Befriend these incandescent monks and discover restoration. Oppose them and glimpse annihilation inside the rain of a shattered daybreak.
Boarding the Leviathan (one of my favourite locations in Destiny 2) to combat Nightmares utilizing a fiery scythe and a brand new Solar 3.0 construct could be the most excellent manner I’ve ever thought to start out enjoying Destiny 2.
Download the sport and begin enjoying at no cost or seize the Season Pass and get the whole lot you simply examine and extra. How ever you determine to play Season of the Haunted, thanks for filling out my fireteam and serving to me really feel rather less spooked in house.
I’ll see you starside, Guardian.