Patch 24.2, launching on August 30, begins Battlegrounds Season 2! It additionally brings with it Mercenaries updates, bug fixes, and extra.
Battlegrounds Season 2 is Here!
New Battlegrounds Track, Season Pass, and Battlegrounds Missions
On August 30, Battlegrounds Ratings will reset, and the brand new season of Battlegrounds will start. With the brand new season, Battlegrounds will now have its personal Battlegrounds Track, that includes Battlegrounds-specific Rewards you possibly can earn as you play! This Season, the Rewards function the anime-inspired “Magic of Azeroth” theme.
The Battlegrounds Track options tons of free Battlegrounds rewards, however you should buy the Season Pass to instantly unlock +2 Hero Choices and the flexibility to earn much more rewards all through the season. The Season Pass could be bought in-game with Runestones, Hearthstone’s new digital foreign money. Runestones could be bought via each the in-game store and the Battlenet internet store, as soon as Patch 24.2 goes reside. During the transition interval for this primary season, the Season Pass may also be bought with cash straight, both in-game or via the Battlenet internet store.
Earn your Rewards even sooner by finishing new Battlegrounds Missions. Battlegrounds Missions are like Battlegrounds-specific Weekly Quests that grant much more Battlegrounds XP. These can be provided along with the conventional Hearthstone Daily and Weekly Quests that every one gamers will proceed to get. You get three Battlegrounds Missions per week. They could be re-rolled and they’re mechanically banked till the tip of the Season when you don’t full them immediately.
You can study extra concerning the Battlegrounds Track, the Season Pass, Runestones, and Battlegrounds Missions, together with every part that’s together with within the Battlegrounds Track and Season Pass, within the Season 2 Announcement Blog.
New Gameplay Mechanic: Quests
Season 2 may even introduce a brand new sport mechanic to Battlegrounds: Quests! Like the standard Hearthstone Quests and Questlines, Battlegrounds Quests require you to satisfy a specific situation with the intention to earn a reward that can empower you for the remainder of the sport.
In Battlegrounds, Quests have their very own distinctive twist. Instead of beginning the sport together with your Quest, your Quest choices will seem on flip 4 (the 6 Gold flip). And as an alternative of getting the identical Quest and Quest Reward each sport, you decide them from three choices at the moment. You are selecting each your Quest and the Reward for finishing it as a pair, so select fastidiously! Once you full your quest, you mechanically obtain your Reward.
There are about 13 totally different Quest choices and 24 totally different Reward choices which are obtainable in any given sport (sure Quests and Rewards are blocked from explicit lobbies or Heroes to forestall undesirable synergies).
The Quest choices signify the baseline necessities you have to to finish with the intention to obtain your Reward (topic to some changes, mentioned under):
- Invite the Guests: Buy 7 minions.
- Dust for Prints: Add 15 playing cards to your hand.
- Cry for Help: Play 6 Battlecry minions.
- Witness Protection: Have a pleasant Taunt minion be attacked 8 occasions.
- Exhume the Bones: Trigger 6 pleasant Deathrattles.
- Track the Footprints: Have Bob’s Tavern Refresh 10 occasions.
- Assemble a Lineup: Summon 14 minions.
- Unmask the Culprit: Lose or tie 3 combats.
- Find the Murder Weapon: Increase a minion’s stats 15 occasions.
- Reenact the Murder: Have 18 pleasant minions die.
- Sort It All Out: Order your minions from lowest to highest Attack for 4 combats.
- Follow the Money: Spend 25 Gold.
- Unlikely Duo: Play 5 minions from a minion kind or one other minion kind.*
* In-game, it will select two minion sorts which are authorized for that sport and checklist them. For instance, “Play 5 Beasts or Demons.”
These are the forms of Rewards you possibly can earn for finishing your Quests:
- Snicker Snacks: At the tip of your flip, 2 pleasant minions set off their Battlecries.
- Stolen Gold: Start of Combat: Make your left and right-most minions Golden.
- Evil Twin: Start of Combat: Summon a replica of your highest-Health minion.
- Ritual Dagger: After a pleasant Deathrattle minion dies, give it +4/+4 completely.
- Anima Bribe: After you promote a minion, give its stats to a minion in Bob’s Tavern.
- Devils within the Details: End of Turn: Your left and right-most minions eat a minion in Bob’s Tavern.
- The Smoking Gun: Your minions have +5 Attack.
- Cooked Book: After you purchase a minion, give it +1/+1 and improve this.
- Mirror Shield: After every Refresh, give a minion in Bob’s Tavern +4/+4 and Divine Shield.
- Secret Sinstone: After you Discover a card, get an additional copy of it.
- Ghastly Mask: Add ‘[a random “end of turn minion”]’ to your hand. Your finish of flip results set off twice.
- Theotar’s Parasol: At the tip of your flip, give your right-most minion Stealth till subsequent flip and +8 Health.
- Teal Tiger Sapphire: Minions in Bob’s Tavern have +1/+1 for every time it was Refreshed this flip.
- Red Hand: At the beginning of your flip, give a minion in your hand +12/+12.
- Victim’s Specter: After every fight, get a plain copy of the final pleasant minion that died.
- Hidden Body: Discover a minion of your Tavern Tier. (Can be earned endlessly!)
- Tiny Henchman: At the tip of your flip, give +2/+2 to three pleasant minions of Tier 3 or under.
- Yogg-tastic Tasties: At the beginning of your flip, spin the Wheel of Yogg-Saron.
- Wondrous Wisdomball: Occasionally provides useful Refreshes.
- Staff of Origination: Start of Combat: Give your minions +15/+15.
- Alter Ego: Even Tier minions in Bob’s Tavern have +6/+6 (Swaps to Odd subsequent flip!)
- The Friends Along the Way: At the beginning of your flip, get 2 random [random minion type].
- Pilfered Lamps: You solely want 2 copies of a minion to make it Golden.
- Menagerie Mayham: At the tip of your flip, give your minions +1 Attack for every pleasant minion kind.
The Quests and Rewards are randomly paired collectively. The numbers in these Quests differ primarily based on which Reward they’re paired with, primarily based on how juicy the Reward is. The much less highly effective Rewards will make your Quest simpler to finish and the extra highly effective Rewards will make the Quest tougher to finish. There are additionally small changes primarily based in your hero’s Armor Tier (barely tougher for heroes with much less Armor, barely simpler for heroes with extra Armor).
Battlegrounds Quests will final till the tip of Season 2. You can study extra about Battlegrounds Quests and Quest Rewards within the Battlegrounds Quests Mechanic weblog.
- Turn 4 (the 6 Gold flip) can have its flip time barely prolonged to account for the brand new Quest mechanic.
- Players can now exceed 10 Gold when promoting minions or in any other case gaining Gold in the course of the store section. The start-of-turn most remains to be 10 Gold.
- Battlegrounds-exclusive Weekly Quests (like “Finish Top 4 in Battlegrounds”) have been faraway from the final Weekly Quests rotation and transformed into Battlegrounds Missions. Other Daily and Weekly Quests that may be accomplished throughout Modes can nonetheless be accomplished in Battlegrounds or different Modes.
- Celebrate Season 2 with a sequence of three Legendary Quests that award new Battlegrounds cosmetics.
Murloc Holmes (Armor Tier 2)
- Detective For Hire
- [0 Gold] Look at 2 minions. Guess which one your subsequent opponent had final fight for a Coin.
Sire Denathrius (Armor Tier 1)
- Passive. At the beginning of the sport, select one among two Quests.
- Dev Comment: This is along with the Quest that every one gamers mechanically get. Sire Denathrius can have two Quests directly.
These two new heroes can be provided in each foyer for the primary two weeks following the patch.
Rakinishu (Tavern Lightning)
- Old: [2 Gold] Give a pleasant minion stats equal to your Tavern Tier. → New: [1 Gold] Give a minion stats equal to its Tavern Tier.
- Moved to Armor Tier 3.
Patchwerk (All Patched Up)
- Old: Passive. Start with 55 Health as an alternative of 40. → New: Passive. Start with 60 Health as an alternative of 40.
- Moved to Armor Tier 2.
Vanndarr Stormpike (Lead the Stormpikes)
- Redesigned: Passive. Avenge (2): Give your minions +1 Health completely.
- Moved to Armor Tier 1.
Drek’Thar (Lead the Frostwolves)
- Redesigned: Passive. Avenge (3): Give your minions +1 Attack completely.
- Moved to Armor Tier 2.
Aranna Starseeker (Spectral Sight)
- Bob’s Tavern will now all the time replenish to 7 minions, similar to after shopping for a minion.
Fungalmancer Flurgl (Gone Fishing)
- Redesigned: Passive. After you promote 4 minions, get a random Murloc.
- Moved to Armor Tier 2.
Skycap’n Kragg (Piggy Bank)
- No textual content change, however the piggy financial institution can now retailer over 10 Gold.
- (Westfall) Old: Passive. In 1 flip, give your left-most minion +2 Attack. → New: Passive. In 1 flip, give your left-most minion +2/+1.
- (Eastern Plaguelands) Old: Passive. In 5 turns, your subsequent Tavern Tier improve prices (5) much less. → New: Passive. In 5 turns, your subsequent Tavern Tier improve prices (6) much less.
Picky Eater [Tavern Tier 1, Demon]
- 1 Attack, 1 Health. Battlecry: Consume a random minion in Bob’s Tavern to realize its stats.
Mind Muck [Tavern Tier 2, Demon]
- 3 Attack, 2 Health. Battlecry: Choose a pleasant Demon. It consumes a minion in Bob’s Tavern to realize its stats.
- Dev Comment: The consumed minion is randomly chosen.
Piggyback Imp [Tavern Tier 2, Demon]
- 4 Attack, 1 Health. Deathrattle: Summon a 4/1 Imp.
Nether Drake [Tavern Tier 2, Dragon]
- 0 Attack, 5 Health. At the tip of your flip, give your Dragons +1 Attack.
Amber Guardian [Tavern Tier 3, Dragon]
- 3 Attack, 2 Health. Start of Combat: Give one other pleasant Dragon +3/+3 and Divine Shield.
Legion Overseer [Tavern Tier 3, Demon]
- 4 Attack, 4 Health. Minions in Bob’s Tavern have +2/+2.
First Mate Pip [Tavern Tier 3, Pirate]
- 5 Attack, 4 Health. You solely want 2 of those to make a Golden copy.
Treasure-Seeker Elise [Tier 4]
- 5 Attack, 5 Health. After you Refresh 5 occasions, discover the Golden Monkey.
- Golden Monkey [Tavern Tier 1] 6 Attack, 6 Health. Taunt.
- Dev Comment: When the Golden Monkey is “found,” it seems in Bob’s Tavern. The Golden Monkey is all the time Golden and provides you a Triple reward when performed.
Rendle the Mistermind [Tavern Tier 4]
- 4 Attack, 5 Health. At the tip of your flip, steal the best Tier minion from Bob’s Tavern.
Tortollan Blue Shell [Tavern Tier 5]
- 4 Attack, 7 Health. If you misplaced your final fight, this minion sells for five Gold.
Tea Master Theotar [Tavern Tier 6]
- 6 Attack, 6 Health. After you play a minion with no minion kind, give 3 pleasant minions of various sorts +2/+2.
- Toxfin is returned to the minion pool.
- Kooky Chemist, Steward of Time, Bublette, Silverback Patriarch, Icky Imp, Nathrezim Overseer, Soul Devourer, Briny Bootlegger, Shifter Zerus, Cobalt Scalebane, Witchwing Nestmatron, Mythrax the Unraveler, and SI:Sefin have all been faraway from the minion pool.
- Impulsive Trickster
- Old: [Tavern Tier 1] 2 Attack, 2 Health → New: [Tavern Tier 2] 2 Attack, 3 Health
- Old: [Tavern Tier 2] 3 Attack, 3 Health → New: [Tavern Tier 1] 2 Attack, 2 Health
- Drakonid Enforcer
- Old: [Tavern Tier 3] 2 Attack, 4 Health → New: [Tavern Tier 4] 3 Attack, 7 Health
- Murky and its portraits can now be obtained via all regular strategies.
- Apex Predator 5
- Old: Attack the bottom Health enemy minion. Deathblow: Repeat this. → New: Attack the bottom Health enemy minion. Deathblow: Gain +5 Health and repeat this.
- In addition to this impact change, the Ability will now be Speed 5 in any respect ranges.
- Crusader’s Blow is now Holy.
- Claws of Terror 5
- Old: Attack an enemy. If it was broken this flip, deal 8 harm to them. → New: Attack an enemy. If it was broken this flip, deal 8 harm to it and its neighbors.
- Heart of Unliving 4
- Old: Claws of Terror offers 5 extra harm and impacts adjoining enemies. → New: Claws of Terror offers 5 extra harm.
- Maxed Health
- Radiant Light
- Old: Speed 4 → New: Speed 2
- Maxed Stats
- Old: 11/84 → New: 14/92
- Arcane Fling 5
- Old: Deal 13 harm to an enemy. If it has not acted but, deal 18 as an alternative. → New: Deal 17 harm to an enemy. If it has not acted but, deal 22 as an alternative.
- Animal Companion (All Ranks)
- Old: Cooldown 1 → New: Cooldown 0
- Explosive Shot 5
- Old: Deal 16 Damage to an enemy and eight to adjoining ones. → New: Deal 20 Damage to an enemy and 12 to adjoining ones.
- Huntsman’s Rifle 4
- Old: Explosive Shot offers 4 extra harm. → New: Passive: At the beginning of every flip, deal 10 harm to all enemies when you’ve summoned all 3 Animal Companions this sport.
- Cataclysmic Bolt 5
- Old: Deal 20 harm to the bottom well being enemy. → New: Deal 22 harm to the bottom well being enemy.
- Martial Mastery is now Holy
Wild Heroic Brawliseum Returning on September 14
Heroic Brawliseum is returning on September 14, and this time it’s taking a stroll on the Wild facet! Get your greatest Wild deck collectively, as a result of for one week you possibly can face stiff competitors to earn high prizes! It received’t be simple, however the victors can be tremendously rewarded.
Runestones are Hearthstone’s new digital foreign money. You should buy Runestones with cash after which use them similar to you’d use cash for nearly all Hearthstone merchandise, throughout all modes. The prices of merchandise aren’t altering, their costs are simply being transformed to Runestones. One good thing about this modifications is that it permits us to supply smaller-scale gadgets within the store, like particular person Skins or Battlegrounds Emotes, that might beforehand have needed to have been bundled along with different gadgets.
Hearthstone leaderboards are getting an replace! The leaderboards for Standard, Wild, Classic, Battlegrounds, and Mercenaries will now have reside updates (at the moment, they refresh in intervals of 5-10 minutes). All leaderboards may even now choose from Season quantity (like Battlegrounds at the moment does), as an alternative of a month and yr. Finally, there’s now not a restrict to how many individuals could be proven on these leaderboards. For Standard, Wild, and Classic, which means that all Legend-rank gamers can be listed. You’re all leaderboard finishers in our ebook!
Feature Update: In-Game Reporting
In-game participant reporting is now reside for all gamers. You can now report associates, present opponents, and previous opponents from the buddies checklist menu. Grounds for reporting embrace inappropriate names, inappropriate chats, and inappropriate gameplay. Now we are able to all work collectively to verify the tavern is a secure and alluring place for everyone to play!
Bug Fixes and Game Improvements
- Improved in-game messaging capabilities.
- Fixed a bug the place Relic of Dimensions didn’t draw from the highest of your deck.
- Fixed a bug the place Demolition Renovator didn’t perform on cellular.
- Fixed a bug the place Front Lines didn’t set off if both participant’s board was already full.
- Fixed a bug the place Party Crasher would “use up” the assault of a Rush minion that survived the crash.
- Fixed a bug the place Sinful Brand wouldn’t set off if the minion died from the harm.
- Fixed a bug the place Sunken Scavenger was incorrectly counted as an “Imp.”
- Fixed a bug the place Imprisoned Scrap Imp was not counted as an “Imp.”
- Fixed a bug the place Suspicious Usher would retain any harm completed to minions copied.
- Fixed a bug the place Dispose of the Evidence confirmed the shuffled card within the historical past tile. You can now dispose the proof with out exposing the proof.
- Fixed a bug the place Sinstone Graveyard summoned its minions to the far left facet of your board, as an alternative of on to its proper.
- Fixed a bug the place the Infuse sound impact didn’t play when an Infuse counter was incremented.
- Fixed a bug the place Locations didn’t play their entry sounds when performed.
- Fixed a bug the place Location activation visible results weren’t seen by opponents.
- Updated the textual content on Cloak of Shadows to extra precisely describe the way it works.
- Spammy Arcanist’s impact will now rely Bubbler dying from 1 harm with the intention to proceed spamming.
- The Relics of the Deep Battlegrounds Hero Power can now not be used when you have already got a full hand.
- Updated Trigore’s Task 9 standards.
- Fixed a bug stopping the Efficient Octo Sought achievement from with the ability to be accomplished.
- Fixed a bug the place Herald of Shadow didn’t rely for the Harold Who? achievement.
- Updated the wording on the One of the Classic Blunders achievement to match its perform.
- Fixed visible bugs with the Reveler Kael’thas and Venthyr Liadrin Hero Skin animations.
- Misc. different bug fixes and sport enhancements.