Patch 24.2.2, a hotfix patch scheduled for September 9, contains the next updates and bug fixes.
Standard Card Updates
Dev Comment: Our high precedence this patch was to make the meta really feel extra steady and extra various. For that motive, we targeted totally on making a average variety of high-confidence adjustments this patch. We anticipate there’ll nonetheless be room for adjustment after this patch settles in, however we’d wish to take the chance to see the place these adjustments land earlier than making additional adjustments.
The following playing cards have been adjusted down in energy:
- Old: Battlecry and Hero Power granted full mana crystals.
- New: Battlecry and Hero Power grant empty mana crystals.
- Dev Comment: Ramp Druid is likely one of the strongest and influential decks within the recreation this patch. Guff was the clear energy outlier for the deck, so a change to Guff was the very best confidence change we may make. We nonetheless anticipate Guff to be a playable card, with an vital position in these methods, however we hope that this variation will make it really feel like there’s extra of a value to ramping than there was beforehand.
Edwin, Defias Kingpin
- Old: [Costs 3] 3 Attack, 3 Health
- New: [Costs 4] 4 Attack, 4 Health
- Dev Comment: There’s been quite a lot of consideration on Edwin ever since he was buffed within the final patch—and rightfully so! Since his buff, he has been one of the vital extremely performed and winningest playing cards within the recreation, which made him an apparent candidate for a excessive confidence adjustment to Rogue. When we made the preliminary buff, Rogue seemed prefer it wanted some assist, however now that these lists have been extra refined, we expect Rogue will stay a participant within the meta even with Edwin again at 4.
Arcane Burst (Magister Dawngrasp’s Hero Power)
- Old: Deal 2 harm. Honorable Kill: Gain +2 harm.
- New: Deal 2 harm. Honorable Kill: Gain +1 harm.
- Old: 3 Durability
- New: 2 Durability
- Dev Comment: Along with Druid and Rogue, Mage has been one of the vital dominant lessons for the reason that final patch. Nightcloak Sanctum has been a transparent outlier within the mid-stages of the sport, and the scaling risk of Magister Dawngrasp’s hero energy has been the dominant in the long run recreation. These two standout playing cards had been the obvious targets for tuning down the deck’s energy degree, and must also make the category much less irritating to play in opposition to within the mid- and late recreation.
Defend the Dwarven District (the primary stage of the Hunter Questline)
- Old: Deal harm with 2 spells.
- New: Deal harm with 3 spells.
- Dev Comment: Quest Hunter is a irritating deck to play in opposition to and was poised to be a strong meta contender after the adjustments to the opposite lessons. This change is each to deal with the deck’s present state and anticipated relative energy degree after this patch.
- Old: [Costs 6]
- New: [Costs 8]
- Dev Comment: Kael’thas, Brann, and Denathrius have appeared collectively as a bundle in quite a lot of decks. To tackle the particular interplay between these three playing cards, we felt the perfect resolution was so as to add 2 extra price to the Brann-Kael’thas combo in order that they will’t be performed with 10 mana. We most popular to vary Kael’thas over Brann as a result of Kael’thas is getting used primarily for issues like this combo whereas Brann has different attention-grabbing use instances, too.
- Old: [Costs 3]
- New: [Costs 4]
- Dev Comment: Smothering Starfish was residing as much as its title a bit an excessive amount of. The objective for this card was for it to be a powerful tech card, however the fee to incorporate it in your deck was low sufficient that it was appearing extra like a staple than a tech card. While responding to particular meta forces, Starfish was additionally unintentionally snuffing out quite a lot of underrepresented decks. We assume this adjustment will nonetheless enable Starfish for use as a strong tech choice, however will make it much less generically ubiquitous.
The above playing cards will likely be eligible for a full mud refund for 2 weeks following Patch 24.2.2.
The following playing cards have been adjusted up in energy:
- Old: 4 Attack, 3 Health
- New: 4 Attack, 4 Health
- Dev Comment: When we initially modified School Teacher, it was essentially the most performed card within the recreation. We’re partially reverting the stability change in an effort to make the cardboard really feel a bit higher to incorporate in decks, whereas nonetheless acknowledging that its energy degree at launch was a bit larger than we might have preferred it to be.
- Old: 2 Attack, 1 Health
- New: 2 Attack, 2 Health
- Dev Comment: When we buff playing cards in underperforming lessons, we hardly ever do it with the objective of instantly taking pictures the category to a 50% plus winrate. Our objective is to make the sport extra enjoyable, one thing we are able to accomplish by bringing the category as much as a degree the place gamers really feel like there’s something price exploring. With the deal with excessive confidence adjustments on this patch, the change we had been most assured we may give Paladin was one thing we’ve seen earlier than—a reversion to a earlier stability change.
Armor Tier Changes
- Al’Akir, Alexstrasza, Murloc Holmes, and Patchwerk are actually Armor Tier 1.
- Death Speaker Blackthorn, George the Fallen, Ini Stormcoil, Silas Darkmoon, Tamsin Roame, Vol’jin, and Xyrella are actually Armor Tier 2.
- Ambassador Faelin, Cariel Roame, Deathwing, Elise Starseeker, Heistbaron Togwaggle, Lord Barov, Jandice Barov, Maiev Shadowsong, Malygos, Nozdormu, Patches the Pirate, Reno Jackson, Shudderwock, Sir Finley Mrrgglton, Sneed, and Zephrys the Great are actually Armor Tier 3.
- Dancin’ Deryl, Dinotamer Brann, Queen Azshara, Ragnaros the Firelord, and Y’Shaarj are actually Armor Tier 4.
- A.F. Kay, Chenvaala, Galakrond, Greybough, Illidan Stormraige, Infinite Toki, Mr. Bigglesworth, Rakanishu, Skycap’n Kragg, Tess Greymane, and The Curator are actually Armor Tier 5.
- Captain Eudora is now Armor Tier 6.
- C’Thun and Tavish Stormpike are actually Armor Tier 7.
Toggwaggle – Perfect Crime
- Old: 5 Health
- New: 4 Health
- Old: Minions in Bob’s Tavern have +2/+2.
- New: Minions in Bob’s Tavern have +2/+1.
- Old: Start of Combat: Give one other pleasant Dragon +3/+3 and Divine Shield.
- New: Start of Combat: Give one other pleasant Dragon +2/+2 and Divine Shield.
- Old: 2 Attack, 4 Health
- New: 2 Attack, 5 Health
- Old: 3 Attack, 2 Health
- New: 4 Attack, 2 Health
- Old: 3 Attack, 5 Health
- New: 3 Attack, 6 Health
Quest and Quest Reward Changes
As a reminder, Quests and Quest Rewards in Battlegrounds are usually not static. Quests have baseline values which might be adjusted game-by-game, primarily based on a number of elements, together with the worth of the Reward they’re paired with.
Quest baseline changes:
Track the Footprints
- Old: Have Bob’s Tavern Refreshed 10 occasions.
- New: Have Bob’s Tavern Refreshed 9 occasions.
Follow the Money
- Old: Spend 30 Gold.
- New: Spend 33 Gold.
Reenact the Murder
- Old: Have 18 pleasant minions die.
- New: Have 19 pleasant minions die.
Reward textual content changes:
- Old: At the tip of your flip, give +2/+2 to three pleasant minions of Tier 3 or decrease.
- New: At the tip of your flip, give +3/+3 to three pleasant minions of Tier 3 or decrease.
- Old: Even Tier minions in Bob’s Tavern have +6/+6. (Swaps to Odd subsequent flip!)
- New: Even Tier minions in Bob’s Tavern have +7/+7. (Swaps to Odd subsequent flip!)
Staff of Origination
- Old: Start of Combat: Give your minions +15/+15.
- New: Start of Combat: Give your minions +12/+12.
Reward problem changes:
- Teal Tiger Sapphire, Snicker Snacks, and Red Hand had been made typically simpler to earn.
- The Smoking Gun, Mirror Shield, and Stolen Gold had been made typically more durable to earn.
Hero Power Updates
No Guts, No Glory
- Old: Passive Hero Power. At the beginning of your flip, Discover which card you draw.
- New: [2 Mana] Discover a card out of your deck.
Signature Treasure Changes
Gift of the Heart
- Old: [5 Mana] Gain 4 empty mana crystals. Allied: Druid.
- New: [6 Mana] Gain 3 empty mana crystals. Allied: Druid.
- Old: Draw 3 playing cards. Any minions you draw price (4) much less.
- New: Draw 2 playing cards. Any minions you draw price (2) much less.
Shadow Word: Void
Green Tortollan Shell
Scales of Justice
- Old: Discover a Choose One card. It has each results mixed. Shuffle this card into your deck.
- New: Discover a Choose One card, then shuffle it into your deck. It has each results mixed. Repeat 3 occasions.
Passive Treasure Changes
- Old: Whenever you Freeze an enemy, achieve 1 Armor.
- New: After the primary time you Freeze an enemy every flip, achieve 1 Armor.
- Old: At the beginning of recreation, put 3 Colossal minions on the underside of your deck. They price (3) much less.
- New: At the beginning of the sport, put 2 Colossal minions on the underside of your deck. They price (3) much less.
Wither the Weak
- Old: After you forged a Fel spell, deal 2 harm to the lowest-Health enemy.
- New: After you forged a Fel spell, deal 1 harm to the lowest-Health enemy.
Potion of Sparking
- Old: After a pleasant Rush minion assaults an enemy minion, deal 1 harm to adjoining enemy minions.
- New: After a pleasant Rush minion assaults an enemy minion, deal 1 harm to a random adjoining enemy minion.
- Old: Whenever harm is dealt to a Frozen enemy, double it.
- New: Whenever harm is dealt to a Frozen enemy, deal 1 extra.
- Old: At the tip of your flip, summon a 3/6 Water Elemental in case you’ve forged a Frost spell this flip.
- New: At the tip of your flip, summon a 2/1 Ice Shard in case you’ve forged a Frost spell this flip.
- Old: After you play a Rush minion, summon a replica with 1 Health.
- New: After you play your first Rush minion in a flip, summon a replica with 1 Health.
- Moved from Pool 1 to Pool 2.
Oops, All Spells!
- Removed from all Passive treasure swimming pools.
- Removed from all Passive treasure swimming pools.
Bug Fixes and Game Improvements
- [Battlegrounds] Added a cap to the Sort It All Out and Unmask the Culprits Quests, limiting the top-end necessities wanted in an effort to full the Quest.
- [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug the place Lich Baz’hial’s Hero Power couldn’t be used in case your hand was full.
- [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug the place Kael’thas’s Verdant Spheres wouldn’t give a buff if the minion was Magnetized.